"grosser wannsee" Großer Wannsee by doug48
Großer Wannsee Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 26 photos
grosser wannsee is a beautiful lake and a suburb of berlin. for students of 20th century history it is best known for the haus der wannsee. this beautiful lakeside villa was built in 1914 for ernst marlier and was designed by paul baumgarten. in 1921 the villa was sold to friedrich minoux. minoux sold the villa to the nordhau fondation which was the real estate department of the SS. this building became infamous in 1942 when it was used for the wannsee conference to organize and implement the "final solution" of the jewish question. this conference chaired by reinhard heydrich led to the murder of millions of european jews. today the villa houses a museum on the holocaust. an interesting and historically significant place to visit when in berlin.
doug48's Related Pages
Großer Wannsee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wannsee Conference"
- "House Of The Wannsee Conference"
- "grosser wannsee"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Großer Wannsee
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Großer Wannsee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Großer Wannsee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues