"ashland vrginia" Top 5 Page for this destination Ashland by doug48
Ashland Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 110 photos
asland is a charming college town located 15 miles north of richmond off of I-95. originally known as slash cottage, the town was later renamed ashland after henry clay's kentucky estate. in the 1840's a railroad was built through asland and the town became a mineral springs resort. prior to the civil war many residents of richmond would spend their weekend at the springs. during the civil war ashland was an important confederate supply depot. in 1868 randolph-macon college was relocated to ashland. of interest to the tourist is ashland's historic district and the beautiful campus of randolph-macon college. not far from ashland is the home of famous american patriot patrick henry. ashland is a worthwhile side trip off of I-95 when traveling between richmond and fredericksburg.
the ashland visitor center is located in the historic 1840's ashland train depot. this depot was used during the civil... more travel advice
washington and franklin hall is located on the randolph-macon college campus. today washington and franklin hall is home... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Ashland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The centre of the universe"
- "ASHLAND, VA"
- "ashland vrginia"
- "Ashland Travel Guide"
- "Old Railroad Town"
- "Truck Stop on I-95"
- "Historic Ashland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ashland
- Hotels in Ashland
- Transportation in Ashland
- Nightlife in Ashland
- Restaurants in Ashland
- Shopping in Ashland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ashland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ashland
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Ashland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashland
Photos in AshlandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues