"summerville south carolina" Summerville by doug48
Summerville Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 122 photos
summerville is a charming town located off of I-26 about thirty miles west of charleston. summerville was originally called pineville village in the late 1700's. in the summer months residents of charleston and ashley river planters headed to higher ground to escape the summer heat, mosquitoes, and disease. in the early 1800's a railroad was built through the area which brought more charleston residents and tourists to pineville village. the town of summerville was incorporated in 1847. in 1886 a earthquake destroyed much of the town and most of the architecture you see today is post 1886. because of summerville's beautiful azalea and dogwood plantings the town's motto is "flowertown". when visiting the ashley river plantations summerville is an excellent place to stay. summerville is well worth the side trip off of I-26 between I-95 and charleston.
st. paul's is a beautiful wooden church located on w. carolina street just south of downtown. in the spring the... more travel advice
the summerville-dorchester museum is a good first stop for those interested in learning about the history of summerville... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Summerville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summerville SC"
- "Springtime in Summerville"
- "Summerville, SC"
- "summerville south carolina"
- "WILDEFLOWER's new Summerville Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Summerville
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (305)
Have you been to Summerville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Summerville
Photos in SummervilleSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues