"congaree swamp national park" Congaree Swamp National Monument by doug48
Congaree Swamp National Monument Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos
the congaree swamp national park is located south of columbia off of I-77 exit 5. the park is called a swamp but it is actually the area is a flood plain of the congree river. the congaree swamp national park is the largest old growth flood plain forest in the united states. this 27,000 acre park offers camping, canoeing, fishing, hiking, and a boardwalk nature trail. for those interested in ecology and nature this park is a very worth while place to visit in central south carolina.
- Pros:diverse ecosystems
pictured is a replica still in the congaree national swamp. for hundreds of years the swamp was a hiding place for... more travel advice
pictured is a small pawpaw tree in the congaree national swamp. pawpaws are the most dominate understory tree in the... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Congaree Swamp National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "congaree swamp national park"
- "A Winter Visit to Congaree Swamp"
- "National Monument to National Park"
- "Basaic Congaree National Park Page"
- "Cold day in the forest"
- "Only swamp left in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- Hotels in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Congaree Swamp National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Congaree Swamp National Monument
Photos in Congaree Swamp National MonumentSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues