New Orleans Local Custom Tips by doug48 Top 5 Page for this destination
New Orleans Local Customs: 176 reviews and 205 photos
jazz fest stage
on the last weekend of april and the first weekend of may the city of new orleans hosts the annual jazz & heritage festival. the festival is located at fair grounds race course west of the french quarter. the festival has a number of stages and tents where jazz, blues, rock, cajun, zydeco, afro-caribbean, and country music is played. each night when the concerts are over the spectators invade the french quarter to continue the party. jazz fest is not has rowdy as mardi gras and the crowds tend to be older and more well behaved. i have been to four jazz fests over the years and they are a lot of fun. see the attached web site for ticket information and dates.
new orleans has a very large gay and lesbian population and the french quarter is a gay and lesbian tourist attraction. st. ann street runs east and west through the french quarter and most of the gay and lesbian attractions are north of this street. when walking north on bourbon street when you cross st. ann street you will notice the change in the neighborhood. if you are uncomfortable with this life style stay south of st. ann street when in the french quarter.
More Reviews (102)
- See All lower ninth ward
- See All bourbon street
- See All hurricanes
- See All superdome
doug48's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 104 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (303)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Photos in New OrleansSee All Photos (159)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Bourbon Street- 50 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Swamp Tours- 39 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Jackson Square- 54 Reviews, 105 Photos
- French Quarter- 54 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Mardi Gras- 37 Reviews, 44 Photos
- St. Louis Cemetery- 23 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Garden District- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
- St. Louis Cathedral- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Cemeteries- 32 Reviews, 45 Photos
- French Market- 29 Reviews, 43 Photos
See All New Orleans Things to Do