"plains, ga" Plains by doug48
Plains Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 87 photos
plains georgia is a tiny town in southwest georgia. plains is located about 20 miles west of americus georgia on US280. the area around plains is noted for it's peanut farms. plains became world famous when jimmy carter was elected president of the united states. there are a number of jimmy carter related sites to see in plains. former president carter still resides there. plains is an interesting stop for those interested in U.S. history.
the jimmy carter boyhood farm is located on the old plains road about two miles west of plains. this is an interesting... more travel advice
pictured is the plains train station that once was jimmy carter's national campaign headquarters. more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Plains Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Plains/Jimmy Carter NHS Page"
- "plains, ga"
- "Small town with an international impact."
- "Go back in time"
- "Jimmy Carter's Hometown"
- "Plains, Georgia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plains
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Plains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plains
Photos in PlainsSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues