"waldo florida" Waldo by doug48
Waldo Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
waldo florida was founded in 1820. waldo began as a plantation village known as bellamy station. later the town was renamed waldo after dr. benjamin waldo. waldo was a thriving community in the late 1880's. at one time waldo had several hotels, two theaters, an opera house and was the home to the el toney cigar factory. waldo's decline began after the great freeze of 1889 which destroyed it's citrus industry. the great depression of the 1930's also had a severe economic impact on the town. today waldo is just the intersection of CR 24 from gainesville and highway 301. waldo hosts a large flea market and is best known as an infamous speed trap.
the town of waldo's main source of income is from writing traffic tickets. waldo is one of north florida's best known... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Waldo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "waldo florida"
- "Old North Central Florida Speed Trap"
- "Antiques and Fleas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waldo
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Waldo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waldo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues