"miccosukee" Miccosukee by doug48
Miccosukee Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 85 photos
miccosukee is a tiny village about 15 miles northeast of tallahassee. miccosukee was originally a creek indian village. in the early 19th century the creeks would raid the white settlers in the area. in 1818 general andrew jackson invaded miccosukee and defeated the creek chief kinhagee. by 1831 miccosukee had a post office, a church, and several stores. prior to the civil war the miccosukee area was home to large cotton plantantions. in the 1890's wealthy northern industrailists bought large tracts of land around miccosukee for quail hunting clubs. many of these clubs are still in operation today. other than the historic village the main tourist attraction is beautiful lake miccosukee. this swampy lake offers excellent bass and bluegill fishing.
there are a couple of historic homes and the miccosukee methodist church in downtown miccosukee. the miccosukee... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Miccosukee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Miccosukee...our country home village"
- "Untold: It's really Woods House (Van Brunt/Morris)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miccosukee
- Nightlife in Miccosukee
- Restaurants in Miccosukee
- Shopping in Miccosukee
- Warnings and Dangers in Miccosukee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miccosukee
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Miccosukee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miccosukee
Photos in MiccosukeeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues