"eufaula, alabama" Eufaula by doug48
Eufaula Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 35 photos
eufalula is located on the chattahoochee river on US82 across the bridge from georgetown georgia. eufaula is a beautiful southern town with over 700 historic and architecturally significant buildings. some of the most beautiful and best preserved antebellum homes in the state of alabama are located in eufalula. eufaula was founded in 1843 and was a trading town on the chattahoochee river. prior to the civil war eufalua was a very prosperous town. during this period many of eufaula's beautiful public buildings and homes were built. in april 1865 mayor j. c. pope surrendered the town to advancing union troops saving the town from destruction. eufaula's economy was destroyed during radical reconstruction era after the civil war and did not rebound until the construction of the walter f. george dam in 1963. the dam created lake eufaula which is one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country. some famous residents of eufaula include, martha reeves of martha & the vandellas, katherine jackson, mother of michael and janet jackson, lula mae hardaway, mother of stevie wonder, john gill shorter, the confederate governor of alabama, and george wallace jr. eufaula has much to offer the visitor interested in architecture and history.
this beautiful greek revival home was built in 1850. this is the ancesteral home of the news anchor katie couric. this... more travel advice
located on n. eufaula ave. is the carnegie library. the steel magnate andrew carnegie donated sixty million dollars to... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Eufaula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Steeped In Old Cultures"
- "eufaula, alabama"
- "toybarbe's new Eufaula Page"
- "Pretty Old Town on the Chattahoochee River"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eufaula
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (305)
Have you been to Eufaula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eufaula
Photos in EufaulaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues