Cullman Things to Do Tips by doug48
Cullman Things to Do: 7 reviews and 12 photos
the ave maria grotto is located on the grounds of st. bernard abbey a mile east of cullman. ave maria grotto is cullman's most famous tourist attraction. the grotto was built by brother joseph zoettl between 1934 and 1958. brother zoettl built minature replicas of religious sites from america, europe, and the middle east. the grotto also has a large gift shop were you can purchase religious books, statues, and candles. ave maria grotto is a very interesting place to visit in north central alabama. see the attached web site for admission and times.
Address: 1600 st. bernard ave. s. e.
Directions: one mile east of cullman on US 278.
st. bernard abbey
st. bernard abbey is located a mile east of downtown cullman on US 278. the abbey was founded in 1891 to serve the needs of the german-catholic settlers in the cullman area. of interest to the tourist are st. bernard's historic buildings and ave maria grotto.
Address: 1600 st. bernard ave. s.e.
Directions: a mile east of cullman on US 278.
sacred heart of jesus catholic church
this beautiful church dominates the skyline of downtown cullman. the church was established in 1877 by james meurer, a german speaking priest. the german romanesque revival church that is seen today was built in 1916. the interior of the church has several bavarian stained glass windows. for more information on this beautiful and historic church see the attached web site.
Address: 217 2 nd ave. s. e.
johann g. cullmann
located next to the cullman county museum is the johann g. cullmann statue. this statue was sculpted by branko madenica. johann g. cullmann founded the town of culman in 1878.
Address: 204 2 nd ave n. e.
cullman county museum
the cullman county museum is a good first stop on a visit to cullman. the museum is housed in a replica of the home of johann g. cullmann the founder of cullman. this interesting museum has a number of rooms devoted to periods of cullman's history. also the museum is a good place to get information about the historic attactions of the area. see the attached web site for more information.
Address: 204 2 nd ave n. e.
doug48's Related Pages
Cullman Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kerry Island
- Columbia Heights Hotels
- Sligo Hotels
- Brentwood Hotels
- Udaipur Hotels
Badges & Stats in Cullman
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Cullman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cullman
Photos in CullmanSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues