"anniston alabama" Anniston by doug48
Anniston Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 24 photos
anniston is located off of I-20 in northeast alabama. anniston is the county seat of calhoun county alabama. the area around anniston was undeveloped until the civil war. the confederacy established a iron furnace near present day downtown. in 1865 the forces of union general john croxton destroyed the town's iron furnaces. in 1872 daniel tyler and samuel noble founded the woodstock iron company. in 1879 tyler established the town of anniston. in 1917 fort mc cellan was built near anniston. during WWII the anniston army depot was also established in the area. for decades after WW II these two military facilities were the basis of anniston's economy. of interest to the tourist is anniston's museums and nearby cheaha state park. also anniston is close to the talladega motor speedway.
cheaha state park is located about 20 miles south of anniston on hwy 281. mount cheaha is the highest point in the state... more travel advice
the berman museum is a very interesting place to visit when in the anniston area. the berman museum has an excellent... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Anniston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "anniston alabama"
- "Anniston, Alabama"
- "They may have over elaborated a bit"
- "MrGQ's new Anniston Page"
- "What a Hole...."
- "Military Page"
- "Anniston Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anniston
- Hotels in Anniston
- Nightlife in Anniston
- Restaurants in Anniston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anniston
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (305)
Have you been to Anniston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anniston
Photos in AnnistonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues