"cesky krumlov bohemia" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov by doug48
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 1,009 photos
cesky krumlov was established in the late 13th century at a ford on the vltava river. in 1302 the town and castle was bought by the house of rosenberg. in 1602 emperor rudolf II bought cesky krumlov and gave it to his son julius d' austria. later emperor ferdinand gave the town to the house of eggenberg. from 1719 to 1945 the castle was owned by the house of schwarzenberg. over the centuries these three dynasties built many of cesky krumlov's beautiful gothic, renaissance, and baroque buildings. in 1945 cesky krumlov became part of communist czechoslovakia and between 1945 and 1989 the town and castle fell into disrepair. since 1989 the town has been restored and today it is a UNESCO world hertage site.
cesky krumlov is the second most visited town in the czech republic after prague. this beautiful medieval village is a must see site in the czech republic. many people visit cesky krumlov on day trips from prague but i recommend spending the night. cesky krumlov has a number of good hotels and restaurants. it takes a full day to see all the attractions of the town. the historic district of cesky krumlov is small and gets crowded with tourists. if possible visit the town during the week when it is less crowded.
this interesting late gothic monastery was built in the mid 14th century. the monastery has a nice garden. more travel advice
take the road past the park on the new town side of the castle after a couple of blocks turn right on the street that... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FANTASTIC MEDIEVAL CITY OF CESKY KRUMLOV"
- "cesky krumlov bohemia"
- "Breathtaking Unesco World Heritage site!"
- "Southern Bohemia's Fairy Tale Village"
- "Cesky Krumlov 2015: Hidden But Worth the Journey"
- "Cesky Krumlov, the Red Roof Town"
- "Cesky Krumlov: second only to Venice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesky Krumlov
- Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
- Transportation in Cesky Krumlov
- Nightlife in Cesky Krumlov
- Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
- Shopping in Cesky Krumlov
- Warnings and Dangers in Cesky Krumlov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesky Krumlov
- 25 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (305)
Have you been to Cesky Krumlov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesky Krumlov
Photos in Cesky KrumlovSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues