"karlstejn" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstejn by doug48
Karlstejn Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 71 photos
karlstejn castle was built for the holy roman emperor charles IV in 1348. it was a royal residence and treasury for the imperial insignia, the crown jewels, and for religious relics. the original gothic castle was remodeled in the renaissance style in the 16th century. it was returned to it's original gothic appearance in the 19th century by josef mocker. this interesting castle makes a good half day side trip when in prague.
the well tower is one of several defensive towers at karlstejn. this tower has a wooden treadwheel for hauling water up... more travel advice
on the first floor of the grand tower are two rooms with paintings of karlstejn and other bohemian castles. on the... more travel advice
doug48's Related Pages
Karlstejn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstejn Castle"
- "A must-see in Czech Republic"
- "KARLSTEJN CASTLE"
- "Karlštejn - small town with large castle"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karlstejn
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (139)
Have you been to Karlstejn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstejn
Photos in KarlstejnSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues