"sagunt" Sagunto by doug48
Sagunto Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
the ancient town of sagunt played a critical role in iberia's history. in 219BC the carthaginian comander hannibal sacked sagutium, an ally of rome. all of the citizens of sagutium were killed or comitted suicide so as not to be captured by hannibal's troops. this incident began the second punic war between carthage and rome. rome defeated carthage and the romans occupied the iberian peninsula for the next 700 years. the castillo de sagunt is on the site of ancient sagutium.
doug48's Related Pages
Sagunto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Long Castle Standing Guard Over the Quiet City"
- "SAGUNTO BEACH"
- "Sagunto - Two Millenia of History"
- "One hot afternoon in Sagunto"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagunto
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Sagunto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagunto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 125 reviews, 178 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 104 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 97 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 98 reviews, 100 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 86 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 49 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 39 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues