"Go, and See the World!" haydnesque's Profile
I started traveling since i was a kid. Of course, i traveled first throughout my country, the Philippines. The first time I traveled abroad was when i was 18. Me, and my family went to Italy and France. From then on, i was dreaming to travel more.
Two years after I graduated from Ateneo de Davao Univeristy, I was given a chance to work in Brunei Darussalam "the green parto of borneo", as they say. My work here is totaly unrelated to my AB-Psychology degree, in which here, I'm teaching music!
From then on, since Brunei is a very small country, it is very easy for me to get in and out, visiting other neighboring countries.
My traveling experiences are not that much yet. But I'm hoping that I can soon expand my horizons.
Travelling is always a great fulfilling experience to me. Through it, I began to appreciate big and small things. I have learned that there is no such thing as "a bad place/country". It all depends on how you look at things in a certain perspective. Each place has its own many faces; a Gestalt that allows you to to admire the whole essence of its topography and culture. Even the small towns that doesn't attracts tourists still hast its own little gem. And it is for you to find out what and where that little gem is; be that the people itself, culture, architecture, food, or landsape. Knowing beyond what your eyes can see creates more exitement and understanding of a certain place.
The greatest thing of all that I learned from travelling is that it allows me to appreciate the greatness of God, how he made and blend such vast plains, majestic mountains, different races and interesting cultures.
1. Isulan, Sultan Kudarat - my home town
2. General Santos City,
3. Zamboanga City,
4. Metro Manila
5. Baguio City
6. Dumaguete City
7. Ilo-Ilo City
8. Metro Cebu
9. Metro Davao
10. Cagayan de Oro City
11. Iligan City
12. Hundred Islands, Panggasinan
13. Banaue Rice Terraces
14. Lemery, Batanggas
Countries I have Visited
1. Philippines - of course
2. Kuwait (April 2001)
3. Italy (April 2001)
4. France - Paris (May 2001)
5. Brunei (July 2005 to present)
6. Malaysia (always in and out since December 2005)
- Labuan Island
- Kota Kinabalu City
- Miri City
7. Cambodia - Phnom Penh (August 2006)
8. Vietnam (July 2006)
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong River
- Nong Khai
- Khon Kaen
- Luang Prabang
1. Israel - the Holy Land
3. South Africa
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 34 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on haydnesque's profile page
- haydnesque and socrates_07 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Phnom Penh Forum "Blue Dog Guesthouse or other..."
- Wrote a Review Train from Bangkok to Ayutthaya in Ayuthaya Transportation
- created a Ayuthaya Travel Page "Ayutthaya - Ancient Capital of Thailand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ayutthaya - Ancient Capital of Thailand"
updated their Profile Page "Go, and See the World!"
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Miri Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Bangkok 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Vientiane Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan 1 review, 1 photo
- Khon Kaen 1 review, 1 photo
- Ayuthaya Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 1 photo