"Port of Spain, Trinidad - Surprisingly nice..." Port-of-Spain by angolense
Port-of-Spain Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 102 photos
Although Trinidadians will warn you of high crime rates, the city is quite nice during the daytime. Downtown is safe to walk around. The weather is nice, the food is ok, and the streets are clean. Cruise ships stop by, too.
Outside the city personal security could be a bigger problem, and the locals warn visitors not to wonder out alone.
American restaurant names are around, such as Hooters, Pizza Hut, etc. There are some malls and cafes.
The majority of the population seems to fall into two groups: blacks and Indians just about 50-50.
Outside the city, the country looks like Africa.
The airport (Piarco airport) is located about 30 minutes by car outside the city.
Offshore oil platforms from BP, Repsol, Trinidad Oil, EOG and others are found off the Eastern and Southern coasts.
The houses of the president and prime minister are readily identified on maps as a point of interest.
One of the featured hotels is the "upside down" Hilton on the hill surrounding the Queen Savannah park, next to the president's residence.
Although seemingly from the 1970's the Hilton is a fine place to stay and has fine restaurants.
Out in town it is easy to find continental or Indian cuisine, as well as Caribbean foods and drinks.
The Rituals Coffee is just about a facsimile of Starbucks Coffee in America.
- Pros:Nice temperature, friendly people, many oil-related jobs, carnival
- Cons:Crime rate, security, British driving rules
- In a nutshell:It has a good blend of business and pleasure opportunities
angolense's Related Pages
Port-of-Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spain in winter"
- "Port of Spain, Trinidad - Surprisingly nice..."
- "24hours in Port of Spain"
- "Transport hub"
- "The Land of the Humming bird, Calypso & Steel pan"
- "Now where is Trinidad again??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port-of-Spain
- Hotels in Port-of-Spain
- Transportation in Port-of-Spain
- Restaurants in Port-of-Spain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port-of-Spain
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Port-of-Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port-of-Spain
Top 5 Pages
- Port-of-Spain Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Manama Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Port Harcourt Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 photos
- Kazakhstan Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.