"Amazing City" Hiroshima by sinjabc
Hiroshima Travel Guide: 386 reviews and 939 photos
I was only in Hiroshima for one day and I would have loved to have stayed longer. I stayed at the Hotel Intelligent, which was clean and comfortable for ¥5100 per person. The hotel was a 5-to-10 minute walk from the train station. The hotel also has vending machines and laundry.
Upon approaching the Peace Memorial Park, the first thing you will see is the remaining structure of the Exhibition Hall from the bombing. It is deeply moving to see this remaining structure from the A-Bomb.
The National Peace Memorial Hall is also worth seeing. It is very breathtaking.
The memorial in memory of all the children who died from the A-Bomb. There are cranes in mobiles for peace surrounding the memorial.
The Cenotaph for the A-Bomb victims is very beautiful. On the anniversary of the bombing, all the known victims names are read aloud during the memorial ceremony.
The Peace Memorial Museum is deeply moving and was very emotional for me. I had to stop and take breaks throughout the rooms. It is amazing the people of Hiroshima are so positive and forgiving from this horrifying human tragedy.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful city worth visiting. I would love to visit again.
Went into this random ramen diner and it was hearty and delicious! more travel advice
This small fun place plays psy-trance music and has a dart board. The locals also play funky anime on the tvs. Great for... more travel advice
sinjabc's Related Pages
Hiroshima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's more to Hiroshima than radiation!"
- "Hiroshima - City of Peace"
- "A yearning for peace"
- "The city of Peace and Culture!"
- "City of Peace"
- "A myriad of emotions in Hiroshima"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hiroshima
- Hotels in Hiroshima
- Transportation in Hiroshima
- Nightlife in Hiroshima
- Restaurants in Hiroshima
- Shopping in Hiroshima
- Warnings and Dangers in Hiroshima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hiroshima
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hiroshima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hiroshima
Photos in HiroshimaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Liverpool Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos
- York Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Perth 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney 9 reviews, 30 photos
- Utrecht Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Japan Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- The Hague Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Negril 7 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.