"Barranca del Cobre (Copper Canyon)" Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre by LadyXoc
Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
This is a first class train journey through the Copper Canyon in Mexico. It is the train on PBS's Great Train Journeys. The Copper Canyon is bigger than America's Grand Canyon. This is the home of the Tarahumara Indians. They call themselves the Rarmuri (runners) and are known to be superb long distance athletes.
Our trip was about a week long and our accomodations were both overnight on the train and two stops at other forms of lodging. One was at the hotel Posado Mirrador which hangs on the cliffs. And the other was in a remote area in an old hacienda.
This is the train as it winds thru one of over 100s tunnels.
Posada del Hidalgo in El Fuerte. The Hacienda I stayed in. I liked this a lot for the cultural experience. We visited a school for girls that was more of asanctuary for them. Not enough food at home or... Anyway they shyly lined up and sang in the courtyard of the school for us and in return we sang for them too. "Row row row your boat..." They enjoyed that. We probably sounded both horrible and funny.
- In a nutshell:The 8th Wonder of the world.
LadyXoc's Related Pages
Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barranca del Cobre (Copper Canyon)"
- "Travel Notes from the Copper Canyon"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre
Photos in Parque Natural Barranca del CobreSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bray Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Bisbee Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Flagstaff Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Intro, 1 review, 6 photos