"Canadian Rockies" Banff by LadyXoc

Banff Travel Guide: 468 reviews and 989 photos

Hiking the Inkpots

Lovely Hike. About 8 miles round trip. I did not see any bears on this trail. It was the hike around the Emerald Lake that I took the pic in my randon travel photos album. The picture of the sign cautioning about bears with the big bite taken out of it. The scenery was magnificent. They are called the inkpots due to mineral formations.

Zooming on an ATV

I rode this outside of Yoho National Park. And it was fun :)

I was staying at the Post Hotel in Lake Louise. Very nice. I was working as a travel nanny and taking a young teenage girl hiking, white water rafting, and ATV'ing.

Plain of the Six Glaciers

A day hike from Lake Louise to Plain of the Six Tea House. 3.4 miles or 5.5 kilometers one way. The gain in elevation is 1215 feet. The tea house at the top has sandwiches, tea, chocolate cake, and I forget what else. Did I mention cake? There is a lovely view of six active glaciers from the top by the tea house. This pic is at the strat of the trail. It then goes around to the right to the "back of the lake" and then you start going up and then there are some switch backs but I felt it was a pretty easy hike with a moderate climb.
I just found this website describing the hike. The site is called "One day Hikes."

• Last visit to Banff: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2006

Comments

LadyXoc

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.~ St Augustine”

Badges & Stats in Banff