"Camping and Hiking at Apple River" Apple River Canyon State Park by LadyXoc
Apple River Canyon State Park Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
I just visited Apple River Canyon with a Meet-Up group last weekend. (November 2011) One last camping and hiking trip before the cold sets in up here in Northern Illinois.
It's not a big park but has nice scenery. We were able to hike all of the trails in one day and they were a decent work out for this area. We also free climbed Tower Rock. Unless you are a Park Ranger and then 'no we did not'.
At this time of year the only campground open was the Youth Campground. There were many people there but still spots open. We paid $8 ($1 each!)
Reserve America takes reservations btw.
Also to do is fishing "The Apple River has a variety of fish including smallmouth bass, sunfish, crappie, carp, and suckers."
Not sure about kayaking or canoeing but I do know that the Galena boat landing is free to public in nearby Galena IL
Bathrooms, no showers, picnic tables, grills, shelters......
LadyXoc's Related Pages
Apple River Canyon State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the less flat parts of Illinois!"
- "Camping and Hiking at Apple River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apple River Canyon State Park
- Hotels in Apple River Canyon State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apple River Canyon State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Apple River Canyon State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apple River Canyon State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bray Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Bisbee Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Flagstaff Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Intro, 1 review, 6 photos