"Bisbee Arizona" Bisbee by LadyXoc
Bisbee Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 365 photos
After spotting the Shady Dell on an alternative lodging website I was determined to go. I am glad I did. What a hoot! My friend Jeanine and I flew a direct flight from Rockford Illinois to Las Vegas Nevada. From there we rented a car and road tripped to Bisbee.
Bisbee was a copper mining town founded in 1880 that is now a thriving artists community. Lots of Victorian architecture with shops, B & B's, and galleries. The elevation is 5300 feet which is supposed to provide a pleasant year round climate. I of course managed to get snowed on the last night.
The Shady Dell consists of a collection of antique trailers, a dry docked vintage luxary yacht, and a bus with a built in tiki bar. It is awesome! also on site is a funky little diner called Dot's Diner that seemed to be a favorite among the locals. It is a 1957 Valentine 10 stool model that was featured in Gourmet Magazine. An excerpt from their website;
"The Shady Dell began its history in 1927, providing trailer and camping spaces to travelers of Hwy. 80, which stretched from San Diego, California to Savannah, Georgia. Today, the Shady Dell is a combination of the traditional and unique. Part of the park is equipped with full RV hookups for the modern day traveler, while the other part is a step back in time"
This photo is from their website
This is a collection of vintage trailers, a bus with a built in tiki bar, and a vintage luxary yacht. There are also... more travel advice
LadyXoc's Related Pages
Bisbee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bisbee - A Haven for Artists and Hippies"
- "Another world hidden in a canyon"
- "Bisbee - find your artist"
- "Bisbee, Arizona"
- "bottleofdoom's new Bisbee Page"
- "Bisbee Arizona"
- "Bisbee Arizona - "Little San Fransico""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bisbee
- Hotels in Bisbee
- Transportation in Bisbee
- Nightlife in Bisbee
- Restaurants in Bisbee
- Shopping in Bisbee
- Warnings and Dangers in Bisbee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bisbee
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bisbee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bisbee
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bray Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Bisbee Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Flagstaff Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Intro, 1 review, 6 photos