"Fairbanks" Fairbanks by LadyXoc

Fairbanks Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 496 photos

Fairbanks

I have friends who live outisde of Fairbanks. Twice I have come and spent some time in the summer. My friend is a schoolteacher and is married to a bush pilot. She and I have had some awesome adventures together and hopefully will have many more. We have dipnetted salmon on the Copper River, camped in the Artic Circle, driven the HAul Road, driven across the Yukon Territory, flown in a three seater Cessna and a helicoptor, and backpacked the Chilkoot Trail. :)

Home in the Mountains

This is my friends home. It was built in the 1970's. One thing that is different for her from my home in the Midwest USA is that she has to haul water from Fairbanks to her home. They have a truck they call the 'water truck' with a large tank in the back. In the Fairbanks area is store that resembles a gas station. Because of the layer of permafrost they could not dig a well or could not gaurentee that they would get water. So one learns to be frugal with water for bathing and laundry.

• Last visit to Fairbanks: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2012

LadyXoc

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.~ St Augustine”

Badges & Stats in Fairbanks

Have you been to Fairbanks?

Latest Activity in Fairbanks