" Amsterdam: A very interesting city " Amsterdam by JackM2006
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,324 reviews and 21,660 photos
All that you might have read regarding the liberal nature of Amsterdam is quite correct. I went during the gay parade and the colors, sights, sounds and atmosphere of the city was both enchanting and beautiful to behold.
Amsterdam cannot be mentioned without references to its canals and boat houses. This rather large boat house was docked in the area of town called the Jordaan. I must say that I really liked this part of Amsterdam. To me it was one of the more eclectic parts of the city.
Not to be confused with a coffee shop, this is a regular cafe along one of the main streets of the Jordaan.
- Pros: Very liberal city with much to offer the tourists
- Cons: You have to be careful of what you buy from street hawkers (drugs)
- In a nutshell: All it's tauted to be and more
I am an avid jogger and this was a place I could actually jog for miles and avoid traffic. That is usually the beauty... more travel advice
JackM2006's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 2 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (16)
Top 5 Pages
- Heidelberg Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austin Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue