"Quaint, friendly people, beautiful scenery" Yarmouth by SassyCycler
Yarmouth Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 240 photos
There really isn't a whole lot to do in Yarmouth. Like most of the towns, cities and villages of Nova Scotia, fishing is its livelihood. Nothing really stays open beyond 8PM. The downtown area has a lot of little shops, restaurants, etc., what is expected of a fishing area right near the sea. The best part of Yarmouth is its scenery and the history! Downtown is right by the water's edge. The CAT high speed ferry ports here from Bar Harbor, Maine (USA). The visitor's center stays open until 9PM and will even close late if the ferry is delayed. You can exchange currency for only a flat fee of $2 CAD.
If you enjoy lighthouses, this is the place to see!
Please look at my other Nova Scotia pages for things to do that are nearby Yarmouth, especially my DIGBY page for the best whale watching experience and deal ($$$) in the area!
Yes, that is their motto. Did you get goosebumps? Churchill Mansion has a lovely history to it. And you can see that... more travel advice
Well, everyone should do it anyway. Nova Scotia is a huge recycling province and they're proud of it. And they should... more travel advice
SassyCycler's Related Pages
Yarmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yarmouth, Nova Scotia"
- "A Tour of Betty's "Backyard"!"
- "Yet another flying visit."
- "Quaint, friendly people, beautiful scenery"
- "A weekend in Nova Scotia"
- "YARMOUTH, Nova Scotia, Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yarmouth
- Hotels in Yarmouth
- Transportation in Yarmouth
- Nightlife in Yarmouth
- Restaurants in Yarmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Yarmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yarmouth
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Yarmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yarmouth
Photos in YarmouthSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 3 photos
- Yarmouth Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Kejimkujik National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Lunenburg Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Montreal Intro, 3 photos
- Digby Intro, 3 photos
- Blue Rock Intro, 3 photos
- Quantico Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.