"mInagkabau state" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Sembilan by kenari
Negeri Sembilan Travel Guide: 504 reviews and 1,085 photos
The Minangkabau culture, which came with the Sumatrans centuries ago, is still prevalent in the state, as can be seen in the buffalo horn-shape in the traditional headgear as well as the roofs of some buildings. In the capital of Seremban, places of interest include the Sri Menanti Royal Museum, a wooden structure built without nails or screws and the picturesque Lake Gardens. The Ulu Bendol Recreational Park at the foot ot'Angsi Hill offers eco-tourism activities, while Port Dickson while the Blue Lagoon are popular for beach and water pursuits. Tanjung Tuan (Cape Rachado) with its lighthouse is famous as a, sanctuary for migratory birds, and on a clear day, one can see Sumatra across the Straits of Malacca.
Port Dickson is very popular with Klang Valley residents as a weekend retreat for those seeking a temporary escape from the hustle and bustle of a hectic city life.
The 18km stretch of beach on the coast of Port Dickson district is one of the few stretches of mangrove-free, sandy beaches found on the west coast of the peninsula. When people talk about Port Dickson, or PD as it is popularly known, they are most likely referring to the beach at Port Dickson town itself - a busy spot that attracts picnicker, swimmers, and those seeking simpler pleasures of a beachside stopover. But a short travel down the coast will bring you to one of the other beaches in Port Dickson district such as Teluk Kemang, Blue Lagoon and Cape Rachado.
- Pros:Cheap either lodging or food
- Cons:Food mostly spicy as minang people loves spicy foods
Seri Menanti Golf a par 7 218-hole golf course, lies flanked by three palaces which Sri Menanti, known as the royal town... more travel advice
Open from Breakfast until dinner,Buffect available during Lunch and dinner.Located at serenban2 Business centre where... more travel advice
kenari's Related Pages
Negeri Sembilan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "mInagkabau state"
- "Negeri Sembilan - "Nine States""
- "Lata Kijang"
- "Negeri 9"
- "Negeri Sembilan"
- "Mount Angsi, Ulu Bendul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Sembilan
- Hotels in Negeri Sembilan
- Transportation in Negeri Sembilan
- Nightlife in Negeri Sembilan
- Restaurants in Negeri Sembilan
- Shopping in Negeri Sembilan
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Sembilan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Sembilan
- 17 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Negeri Sembilan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Sembilan
Photos in Negeri SembilanSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Sembilan Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Tinggi Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Johor Bahru 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Medan Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos