"LIFE IS A JOURNEY" kenari's Profile
Malaysia which is on the island of Borneo. West and East Malaysia is about 400 miles apart. The combined land area of both regions is about 330,400 sq km (127,000 sq miles).
Peninsula Malaysia is again divided into east and west coast by the Main Range (mountain range), known as Banjaran Titiwangsa. It runs from the Malaysian-Thai border in the north right up to the state of Negeri Sembilan.
In East Malaysia, the Crocker Range in Sabah is where the highest peak in South East Asia lies, Mount Kinabalu. The highest point of the mountain is at 4,0952.2 metres above sea level.
Area 329,750 sq km
Population 22 million (growth rate 2.3%)
Capital City Kuala Lumpur (pop 2 million)
Prime Minister YA.B. Dato' Seri Abdullah bin Haji Ahmad Badawi
Time GMT + 8 hours
Currency RM (Ringgit Malaysia)
Climate Tropical, hot and humid. Temperatures averages 22°C - 33°C.
People Malay, Chinese, Indian, plus indigenous tribes such as Orang Asli and Iban
Religion 52% Muslim, 17% Buddhist, 12% Taoist, 8% Christian, 8% Hindu, 2% tribal
Government Parliamentary monarchy
Language Bahasa Malaysia is official language, English, Mandarin, Tamil is spoken widely.
Voltage 220 -- 240V, 50 cycles
IDD Access Code 06 *
Getting yourself far from the maddening crowds and pace of the city, the beaches and Islands offer an opportunity to relax, romance, holiday with the family, or just plain laze around. Some activities you can involve in include water sports, beach games, boating, snorkeling and other fun travel and tour vacation activitie.
Accommodations range from unrated to the 5 star. Please note that islands and beach areas on the West coast of Peninsula Malaysia are normally accessible the whole year around, but those on the East Coast are closed during the monsoons from October to February.
Some of the most popular beaches & Islands
Peninsula Malaysia - West Coast
Langkawi (Kedah), Penang,PANGKOR ISLAND and Teluk Batik (Perak), Port Dickson (N. Sembilan), Pulau Besar (Melaka), Desaru Beach of Johor, PULAU TIOMAN and the beaches of Pahang, Pulau Perhentian and Redang (Terengganu), and the beaches of Kelantan.
Damai Beach of Sarawak and the beaches of Kudat in Sabah.
Malaysia has many kinds of restaurants almost everywhere in the cities and towns.There are Malay ,Chinese, Indian , Thai,Portugese,Baba and other ethic food stall or restaurant scattered either in shopping mall or by the road side.Eating out in Malaysia is a real gastronomic adventure. There is such a great variety.Popular Malaysian dishes include satay, nasi lemak, rendang, roti canai, murtabak, laksa, chicken rice, and fried noodles.read my page below to know detail about the food.
Golf Course in Malaysia can be found high in the mountains, along the seashore, on tropical islands, amidst towering rain forests and in the heart of the city. As well as offering spectacular scenery, many of these courses are equipped with the best facilities and amenities to be found anywhere, to make your golfing a complete and unforgettable experience.
A number of courses have been designed by some of golf's top names. Designers and golfers alike, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Greg Norman, Peter Thomson, Ronald Fream, Robert Trent Jones, Ross Watson, J Michael Poellot, and Max Wexler, et al, have brought out the best features of the environment whilst incorporating their own special signature skills.
anyway i did travel to indonesia and thailand to experince the way how the local golfer enjoyed the game.
Drug traffickers are sentenced to death by Malaysian Law
When visiting Malaysia, the visitor should observe local customs and practices. Some common courtesies and customs are as follows:-
• It is polite to call before visiting a home.
• Shoes must always be removed when entering a Malaysian home.
• Drinks are generally offered to guests. It would be polite to accept.
• The right hand is always used when eating with one's hand or when giving and receiving objects.
• Shoes must be removed when entering places of worship such as mosques and temples. Some mosques provide robes and scarves for female visitors. Taking photographs at places of worship is usually permitted but always ask for permission first.
• Toasting is not a common practice in Malaysia. The country's large Muslim population does not drink alcohol in Public except in non -muslim restaurent.
lastly avoid to drive in major town as malaysian driver well known for their
bad driving attitude.use the public transport
Malaysia practises Parliamentary Democracy with Constitutional Monarchy and His Royal Highness is the Paramount Ruler.Each state involved has surrendered part of its power, such as financial, defense, education, foreign affairs and others, as stated in the Malaysian Constitution, which is administered by the Central Government. There are matters that are under the power of the state and each state administers the power over those mattersAs a country with a Constitutional Monarchy, it is therefore allocated by the Constitution the institutions of Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, the Paramount Ruler, the hereditary rulers of the nine states and the Council of Malay Rulers. His Royal Highness has the power to safeguard the customs and traditions of the Malay people and the Administration of the Islamic Religion in each state. Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong is the Head of the Islamic Religion for the states of Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Sarawak and the Federal Territories.
Malaysia is a multicultural society, with Malays, Chinese and Indians living side by side.There is also a sizeable Sikh community. Eurasians and indigenous tribes make up the population.
Sabrina and Hasha always on my mind wherever i go....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 267 Reviews
- 660 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 34 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- updated a Makati Travel Page "Attend My Best Friend Wedding"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Attend My Best Friend Wedding"
- kenari and norain are now friends.
- Commented on slamet's profile page
- Posted in Travel Surabaya Forum "ANy tour agency can help us"
- Wrote a Review Best Hideout in Krabi in Krabi Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Seremban
updated their Profile Page "LIFE IS A JOURNEY"
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Sembilan Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Tinggi Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Johor Bahru 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Medan Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos