"Sonoma for Some Time Out" Sonoma by soozyd

Sonoma Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 651 photos

Folks flock to Sonoma for its wineries. I like a good glass of vino every now and again, to be sure, but the reason I visit this gorgeous little place is to visit loved ones and relax. Sonoma is very, very relaxing. Just 15 miles or so west of Napa, the small town of Sonoma is surrounded by soft, vineyard-spreckled rolling green hills.

Whether you're heading to one of its B&Bs, or here for one of the many weddings this area sees, or perhaps taking a class at local culinary school Ramekins (http://www.ramekins.com), you will most likely at some point visit the town's charming square. Here, you'll see cafes, restaurants and inviting independent shops.

Though the whole region is known for its fine cuisine, I haven't actually tried very much of it during my several visits. Lucky for me, my boyfriend's mama, a Sonoma resident, has to be, in my opinion, one of the best cooks this side of the Napa River! (Check out the soup course of our Christmas dinner, pictured here.) She is a foodie, and foodies love Sonoma.

• Last visit to Sonoma: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Dec 29, 2006

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Hi, Susan. We're headed for the Sonoma area in July when we'll be in San Francisco. Can't wait! We'll definitely be doing a wine tasting or two...regards from Texas.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 9:56 AM

had to have a look at this because Sonoma was the answer to a clue in my crossword this morning. Another Sonoma though. Lovely page.

soozyd Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Sonoma