"Sonoma for Some Time Out" Sonoma by soozyd
Sonoma Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 657 photos
Folks flock to Sonoma for its wineries. I like a good glass of vino every now and again, to be sure, but the reason I visit this gorgeous little place is to visit loved ones and relax. Sonoma is very, very relaxing. Just 15 miles or so west of Napa, the small town of Sonoma is surrounded by soft, vineyard-spreckled rolling green hills.
Whether you're heading to one of its B&Bs, or here for one of the many weddings this area sees, or perhaps taking a class at local culinary school Ramekins (http://www.ramekins.com), you will most likely at some point visit the town's charming square. Here, you'll see cafes, restaurants and inviting independent shops.
Though the whole region is known for its fine cuisine, I haven't actually tried very much of it during my several visits. Lucky for me, my boyfriend's mama, a Sonoma resident, has to be, in my opinion, one of the best cooks this side of the Napa River! (Check out the soup course of our Christmas dinner, pictured here.) She is a foodie, and foodies love Sonoma.
soozyd's Related Pages
Sonoma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sonoma - Heart of the Wine Country"
- "Sonoma is Fine Even Without the Wine"
- "SONOMA. THE VALLEY OF THE MOON"
- "Sonoma Valley Bubblegum Blues"
- "Moon full of wine!"
- "Sonoma Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonoma
- Hotels in Sonoma
- Transportation in Sonoma
- Nightlife in Sonoma
- Restaurants in Sonoma
- Shopping in Sonoma
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonoma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonoma
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sonoma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonoma
Photos in SonomaSee All Photos (2)
Top 5 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pismo Beach Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 1 review, 4 photos