"A newbie globetrotter" Shandyla's Profile
Before I went to university, my desire to "see the world" was very indifferent.
But after my first year away from home, I had made three best friends all of different nationalities from me - English, American and Canadian.
After out first holiday away together, I began to seize every opportunity to travel and take advantage of having international friends!
In 2005, I spent 6 months in France as part of my Modern Languages degree and travelled as far and wide as I could in the region.
The first step (ie. my first flight alone) was the hardest... but now I am hooked, and will hop on a train to nowhere at a moment's notice!
My next destination is China for my 21st birthday in July.
The two places that I want to visit the most (that I haven't already been) are Japan and New Zealand.
I have lived in Scotland all my life, and no matter where in the world I go I am always happy to return home to it. After a long journey, I love sitting back in the departures lounge and letting the regional accents wash over me - it always brings a smile to my face. I will always find beauty in every country I go to, but nothing can ever be quite the same for me as Scotland.
I'm quite shy at heart. Sometimes I think travelling is my way of compensating for other things that are missing from my life.
Whether it is or no, I'm very happy at the moment, and even I can see that travelling has helped me grow stronger as a person.
- Basking in the wonder that is Mont St Michel and its surroundings after backpacking there from Rouen.
- Paddling in an Oasis with my family, aunts, uncles and cousins in Qatar.
- Watching the sunset in the desert, Qatar.
- Collapsing in the sunshine with my friend in Strawberry Fields, New York.
- Wandering through Old Montreal in the evening... quiet, beautiful.
- Dinner of "moules et frites" with a real Breton family, Plozévet.
- Marvelling at the Rouen cathedrale.
- Glittering Neptune's Grotto caves in Alghero.
- Breakfast in Central Park, New York.
- Getting dazzled by the lights in Montmartre in Paris in the evening.
- Seeing Urquhart castle from a boat on Loch Ness.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 23 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "A newbie globetrotter"
- Wrote a Review Delicious Italian food in old Arab baths! in Sevilla Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Delicious Italian food in old Arab baths!"
- updated a Edinburgh Travel Page "A capital city to be proud of"
- Commented on modom's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Sevilla 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Duclair Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Aberdeen Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Plozévet Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mont Saint Michel Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Canteleu Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 2 photos
- Loch Ness 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos