Jeju-do Tourist Trap Tips by ancient_traveler
Jeju-do Tourist Traps: 9 reviews and 8 photos
Jeju Loveland (also known as Love Land) is an outdoor sculpture park which opened in 2004 on Cheju Island in South Korea. The park is focused on a theme of sex, running sex education films, and featuring 140 sculptures representing humans in various sexual positions. It also has other elements such as large phallus statues, stone labia, and hands-on exhibits such as a "masturbation-cycle." The park's website describes the location as, "a place where sexually-oriented art and eroticism meet."
680-26, Yeong-dong-Jeju-si, Jeju-do Korea
Unique Suggestions: for 18 years old above
seongeup folk village
Located at the foot of Mt. Halla, Located on Jeju-do Island, Seongeup Folk Village shows the unique residential culture of the island; the poorly made windscreen stone wall (black lava rock), the straight but curvy Ollae (narrow alley) to block the wind, and the stone statues which have become the prime feature of the landscape.
From Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal, take an Intercity Bus bound for Dongbugwangong Road and get off at Seongeup 1(il)-ri
From Seogwipo Intercity Bus Terminal, take an Intercity Bus that runs on Il-ju Road to the east and get off at Seongeup 1(il)-ri
Unique Suggestions: With its well-preserved traditional houses, Seongeup Folk Village is the place to experience the local customs of Jeju.
Fun Alternatives: The guides, who are the residents of the village, will take you to the few houses that are still inhabited by the local people. You can eat rice cakes and drink tea made in the village, or you can buy souvenirs from an array of local specialty shops.
The local black-haired pigs and tongsi (pigsty / restroom) are especially well-known indigenous products. The local pigs, which feed on human feces, are very nutritious and famous for their great tasting meat. These traditions, which cannot be seen elsewhere today, make the Folk Village a novel experience. Wandering around this area, you will feel as if you travled back to the past. It is a popular place for foreigners to experience the unique Korean native culture.
More Reviews (22)
- SHOP FOR LOCAL SPECIALITIES
- See All Airport Bus Limousine JEJU
- See All JEJU ORANGE
- See All MT HALLA
ancient_traveler's Related Pages
Jeju-do Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seongsun Sunrise Festival at Cheju"
- "Jeju-do: Island of Love and Oranges"
- "Jeju-do, Island of Stones, Wind, Womans"
- "Paradise on earth!"
- "Cheju - Honeymoon Island"
- "Jeju_the island with endless beaches"
- "Jeju Island - Korea's Pearl"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jeju-do
- Hotels in Jeju-do
- Transportation in Jeju-do
- Nightlife in Jeju-do
- Restaurants in Jeju-do
- Shopping in Jeju-do
- Warnings and Dangers in Jeju-do
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jeju-do
- 24 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Jeju-do?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jeju-do
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 119 reviews, 278 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 100 reviews, 206 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 49 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 64 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 72 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 42 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 36 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues