Kuala Lumpur Things to Do Tips by ancient_traveler
Kuala Lumpur Things to Do: 1,889 reviews and 3,368 photos
HOLY ROSARY CHURCH
HOLY ROSARY CHURCH 10, Jalan Tun Sambanathan, 50470, Kuala Lumpur
MASJID JAMEK is situated, where both rivers the Sungei Klang and the Sungei Gombak meet. Right at this very place has the history of Kuala Lumpur started. This is the very spot for Kuala Lumpur's history, where the early settlers of Kuala Lumpur built their shacks.
SRI MAHAMARIAMMAN TEMPLE is the oldest and richest Hindu temple in Kuala Lumpur. It is situated at edge of Chinatown in Jalan Bandar (formerly High Street).
The KL Tower, or Menara Kuala Lumpur, is the world's fifth tallest structure at 421 meters-high. Visitors can climb Bukit Nanas to access the building and head by lift to the observatory deck on top. Here, there are built-in telescopes that they can use to zoom in on parts of the surrounding city.
Address: No 2 Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P.Ramlee, Kualalumpur
Other Contact: email: email@example.com
Phone: +603 2020 5444
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
Sultan Abdul Samad Building. A historically-significant building, it was used to house the Federal Court before they moved to Putrajaya. The building's architecture reflects Moorish themes with plenty of copper dome minarets. A 40-foot clock tower rests in the middle.
Dataran Merdeka (Independence Square) was originally part of the Royal Selangor Club's cricket field but was converted into a landmark when it was used to announce Malaysia's independence in 1957. A 95-meter flagpole, one of the highest in the world, was erected on top of a large, square marble base to commemorate the event.
The KL Railway Station was built in 1911. The Moorish-styled building is located along Hishamuddin Street and during its heydays, was packed with people and housed a few outlets and restaurants.
It’s amazing you can see everything up there! You will love the tower even you’re afraid of heights! You MUST VISIT! Experience and witness beautiful scenery of KL City at the height of 276 meters above ground level from the Observation Deck. During the day you can see an awesome view, when it comes to night you will immerse by beautiful lights from the city.
Here is one of two places in the world - the other being along the Amazon River in Brazil - where millions of fireflies can be seen to flash their 'lights'. The location along the Selangor River in Kampung Kuantan is special because it is easily accessible. The fireflies congregate on trees, which is reachable by a short sampan (traditional boat) ride. According to locals, the best time to see the fireflies is during the new moon, about one to four hours after sunset.
Enjoy dinner (included) at a local restaurant by the riverfront before boating upstream to watch thousands of fireflies sparkling in the thick mangrove along both sides of the river banks, a wonderful phenomena resembling rows of brightly lit Christmas trees.
Directions: From Pudu Raya Bus Station, kindly proceed to platform 23 for bus number 141 going to Kuala Selangor.
Other Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Batu Caves are situated thirteen kilometers (seven miles) north of the capital city Kuala Lumpur. They consist of three main caves and a number of smaller ones. The caves are made of limestone and 400 meters long and 100 meter high. This is one of the holiest Hindu shrines in Malaysia and a popular tourist attraction. The Caves are popular not only for being the southern-most limestone outcrop in the Northern Hemisphere, but the labyrinth that makes up the Batu Caves also supports a variety of exotic wildlife. The main cave holds a shrine of Lord Subramaniam, a Hindu deity. A cave gallery is located at the foot of the caves featuring clay figurines and wall paintings depicting scenes and figures from Hindu mythology.
At your arrival you will be greeted by lots of monkeys. They are going for your peanuts and banana's, which you can buy in several shop, before you climb up to the caves. You have to climb 272 steps, which will lead you to the religious and magnificent Batu Caves.
Directions: The public busses can be boarded at the Pudu Raya Bus Terminal in Kuala Lumpur.
More Reviews (12)
ancient_traveler's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ga-Rankuwa Hotels
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Saintfield Hotels
- Oslo Hotels
- Muddus Nationalpark
- Rapu Rapu Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 20 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 116 reviews, 284 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 100 reviews, 206 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 49 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 64 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 72 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 42 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
- Sri Tiara
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Replica Inn - Bukit Bintang
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- StarPoints Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- 559 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Swiss Garden Hotel
- 482 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Grand Continental Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Malaya Kuala Lumpur
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2012
- Cube Hotel
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Mayview Glory Hotel
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Allson Klana Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Crown Regency Service Apartments
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Puduraya Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2011
- The Gardens Hotel & Residences
- 353 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Adamson Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 5, 2012
- Petronas Twin Towers- 253 Reviews, 439 Photos
- Batu Caves- 116 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Chinatown- 96 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 43 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Bukit Bintang- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Merdeka Square- 73 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Royal Palace (Istana Negara)- 28 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Putrajaya- 43 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Little India- 19 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Bird Park- 35 Reviews, 85 Photos
See All Kuala Lumpur Things to Do