Seoul Shopping Tips by ancient_traveler
Seoul Shopping: 178 reviews and 319 photos
GALLERIA LUXURY HALL
About 20 minutes walk from Apgujeong station is flourishing area that surrounds the Galleria Dept Store.
494, 515 Apgujung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-110
HYUNDAI DEPT STORE
Hyundai Dept store is famous for introducing global luxury simultaneous to their debut in Paris, New York and Milano.From design to convenient facilities and spaces for general cultural activities, the store allows customers to shop more comfortably and pleasurably.
As the representative Korean dept store that bosats the longest history and tradition in Korea, Shisegae promises you high-class, top quality service. In addition to luxury products from around the world, you can also buy special gifts to remember your stay in Korea such as kimchi, laver, ginseng, and other local product.
COEX MALL Asia’s largest underground shopping complex
This is an underground emporium that integrates shopping, dining, and a variety of entertainment.
Subway line 2 Samseong stn exit 6
Located to the south of the Han river, Apgujeongdong is the leading fashion mecca, formed as a cultural zone with a high propensity of consumption. It creates leading fashion trends, customer friendly shops, foreign brand name shops with high quality goods, reasonably priced hip hop fashion shops, and accessory shops. Its very popular with wealthy Koreans. There are many shops and restaurants concentrated around “Rodeo Street” Apgujeongdong.
What to buy: Rodeo Street is well known for its hip pubs and high fashion boutiques from designer to vintage clothing shops. It is a favored haunt of Korean celebrities.
MYEONGDONG is pedestrian- friendly area in the heart of the city is loaded with departement stores, shopping malls and mid market apparel shops. Packed with shopping street and people symbolizes the ultramodern fashion and culture of Seoul.
NAMDAEMUN is Korea’s oldest open- air market; it has existed on this spot for more than 600 years. Just a few minutes from Seoul’s ancient Namdaemun gate ( Sunglyemun or South gate). Namdaemun market is permanently crowded and is open round the clock. It is a ‘must’ for bargain hunter.
DONGDAEMUN has recently become the largest apparel shopping area for young Koreans. While shopping, you can enjoy live performances and other events at the open stage of Doosan Tower, Freya Town and Migliore. Has more night time shoppers than day times, all looking for a better bargain
What to buy: Item you find during a trip become part of your memories. Visit the world-renowned fashion streets of Myeong- dong and Itaewon, the major wholesale district at Namdaemun and Dongdaemun market, the streets of Insadong full of traditionnal items. From arts and craft bade by artisan to the world-famous natural health food ginseng, the traditional costume ‘hanbok’, or the eye-catching array digital product.
More Reviews (61)
- See All O'SULLOC
- See All N SEOUL TOWER
- See All WALKING AT NIGHT
- See All BUS
- See All HANOK STAY
- See All KOREAN MANNERS
ancient_traveler's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pictou Hotels
- Cigadung Hotels
- Port Orchard
- Eidsvoll Hotels
- Vico Equense Hotels
- Prefecture of Evia
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 64 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 119 reviews, 278 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 100 reviews, 206 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 49 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 64 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 72 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 42 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 36 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Seoul hotel reviews
- Mayfield Hotel Seoul
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Kaya Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Yim's House Seoul
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Vision Hotel Seoul
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2013
- Bangrang Hostel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Seoul
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Noble Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- New Boolim Tourist Hotel Seoul
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 9, 2013
- Seoul Leisure Tourist Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Fraser Place Central Seoul
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Itaewon Hotel Seoul
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Imperial Palace Hotel Seoul
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- M Chereville
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Crown Insadong
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Seoul Guest House
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Gyeongbokgung Palace- 87 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower- 66 Reviews, 157 Photos
- DMZ - DeMilitarized Zone- 57 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Insadong- 37 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Korean Folk Village- 41 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Lotte World- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Itaewon- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Namdaemun - Great South Gate- 35 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Myeongdong- 22 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Everland- 17 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Seoul Things to Do