Seoul Tourist Trap Tips by ancient_traveler
Seoul Tourist Traps: 65 reviews and 75 photos
Itaewon shopping district
Itaewon leads Korea’s fashion and bars & clubs there have an exotic atmosphere.
Unique Suggestions: Itaewon is such a popular shopping location for tourist.
Fun Alternatives: Apgujeong Rodeo Street is described as the ‘no 1’ Fashion area in Korea. It has developed into representing the newest fashion trends and cultural spot for young people.
DAEHANGNO Street of youth culture
Originally a university campus site, is filled with an avant-garde atmosphere. Daehangno offers various kinds of food and attractions including trendy bars, restaurants, stylish cafes and street performances.
Unique Suggestions: If you're in the mood for street festival, Daehangno is the place.
Fun Alternatives: Hongik University
The area in front of Hongik University is commonly referred to as Hongdae, which is famous as a major art college in Korea. This area is one of the favorite hangouts for trendy youth in Seoul.
A distinct landmark in downtown Seoul with a unique design and fantastic night view.
Subway line 1 jonggak stn exit 3
Unique Suggestions: an unique building's architecture
Fun Alternatives: 63 CITY
with 3 underground and 60 aboveground floors, this golden tower offers much to see such as the rooftop observation deck, IMAX Theater, the Aquarium of 63 Sea World, etc.
Subway line 5 Yeouinaru stn exit 4 OR Subway line 5 Yeouido stn exit 5
This park on Mt. Namsan features a botanical garden, a small zoo, Namsan Public Library, Patriot Ahn Choong Kun Memorial Hall and a playground on the lower side of the park. Namsan Park climbs the slope of Mt. Namsan, on which N Seoul Tower offers an unobstructed panoramic view of the city.
Unique Suggestions: You may prefer taking the steps leading past Namsan Botanical Garden to Palgakjeong Pavilion all the way up to N Seoul Tower.
Fun Alternatives: OR for an easy ascent, a cable car ride which enables you to get a bird’s eye view of the city.
Subway line 4 Hoehyeon stn exit 1
Unique Suggestions: shopping @ COEX MALL
Fun Alternatives: 63 SEA WORLD
Aquarium of 63 Sea World display 20.000 marine creatures from 400 different species.
Subway line 5 Yeouinaru stn exit 4 OR Subway line 5 Yeouido stn exit 5 then take a free shuttle bus
This is Asia’s largest soccer- only field. The architectural design reflects traditional Korean beauty and modern technological conveniences. he opening ceremony and game of the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea- Japan were held here.
Unique Suggestions: Subway line 6 World Cup Stadium stn exit 2
Fun Alternatives: go to World Cup park.. It is comprised of the peace, sky, sunset, Nanji stream and Nanji Hangang parks.
Is the main Catholic church in Korea and is also considered the symbol of Myeongdong. The grand, magnificent building, the beautiful interior of Gothic church attract many visitors.
Fun Alternatives: Shopping at Myeongdong
Line 4 Myeongdong subway stn exit 8
On weekends, several flea markets are open to the public in Seoul, where sellers display their used goods or handmade goods for sale.
Unique Suggestions: There are all sorts of goods, ranging widely in diversity and costs, anywhere from a 500-won T-shirt to hand-made hair ornaments or hand-knit hats. The collection is quite extensive, ranging from hair ornaments crafted in Korean traditional needlework, to bags and hats with original, hand-drawn designs, shoes and diaries, and even music CDs just produced in a recording studio. You will also find portrait artists who will draw your caricature as well as impromptu musical performers.
Fun Alternatives: visit the HONGIK UNIVERSITY... which is famous as a major art college in Korea. This area is one of the favorite hangouts for trendy youth in Seoul.
More Reviews (56)
- See All O'SULLOC
- See All N SEOUL TOWER
- See All WALKING AT NIGHT
- See All BUS
- See All HANOK STAY
- See All KOREAN MANNERS
- See All NORAEBANG
- See All SPECIAL DISTRICT FOR LUXURY SHOPPING
- See All USEFUL INFORMATION FOR FOREIGNERS
- See All EVERLAND+ CARRIBEAN BAY
- KIMCHI: food of Korean for over a...
Been to Seoul?Share your travels with the world!
ancient_traveler's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shoto Hotels
- Wooler Hotels
- Eastbourne Hotels
- Hospet Hotels
- Bay of Islands
- Wildwood Tourist Traps
- Arizona Tourist Traps
- United States of America Tourist Traps
- Yogyakarta Special Region Tourist Traps
- Republic of Montenegro Tourist Traps
- Bandung Tourist Traps
- Whitby Tourist Traps
- Waikiki Tourist Traps
- Greenland Tourist Traps
- Philippines Tourist Traps
- Salzburg Tourist Traps
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 64 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 119 reviews, 278 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 100 reviews, 206 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 49 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 64 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 72 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 42 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 36 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Seoul hotel reviews
- Hotel Kobos Seoul
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Fraser Suites
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Saerim Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Vabien Suites
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Hotel M
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 4, 2013
- Cima Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2011
- Best Western New Seoul
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Seongbuk
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Oakwood Premier Coex Center
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Savoy Hotel Seoul
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2013
- Ritz-Carlton Seoul
- 234 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- The Hotel Lees Seoul
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Seoul YMCA Tourist Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2012
- Gyeongbokgung Palace- 87 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower- 67 Reviews, 160 Photos
- DMZ - DeMilitarized Zone- 57 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Insadong- 37 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Korean Folk Village- 41 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Lotte World- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Itaewon- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Namdaemun - Great South Gate- 35 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Myeongdong- 22 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Everland- 17 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Seoul Things to Do