"Camping near Winthrop, WA...YEEHAW!!" Winthrop by Surfsup1977
Winthrop Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 36 photos
Winthrop is like visiting Frontierland at Disneyland...except that people ACTUALLY live here. Apparently in the 70's or 80's, many of the small towns in Washington needed something to built up their economy and Winthrop decided that they would do a Western-themed town.
I only spent a few hours in Winthrop, but the time I was there...it seemed entertaining. The streets were lined with quaint shops, homemade ice cream stands and lots of tourist.
I spent most of my Memorial weekend camping and hiking. Winthrop was the more civilized portion of my trip. I liked it for a few hours...I think that's all the time you need in order to get a feel for the town.
- Pros:Quaint, different, lots of pubs with good beer
- Cons:Small, touristy and full of obnoxious youth
- In a nutshell:Western-Themed Civilization with Good Beer!
The food is your typical pub venue. Lots of hamburgers, fried food and basic appetizers. The food was decent and the... more travel advice
Surfsup1977's Related Pages
Winthrop Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wild west in Washington state"
- "Winthrop - the wild west town in Washington state"
- "Camping near Winthrop, WA...YEEHAW!!"
- "My home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Winthrop
- Hotels in Winthrop
- Restaurants in Winthrop
- Warnings and Dangers in Winthrop
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winthrop
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Winthrop?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winthrop
Top 5 Pages
- Winthrop Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Petersburg Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Panama Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- La Push 1 review, 1 photo
- California Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.