Republic of Serbia Things to Do Tips by GyuriFT Top 5 Page for this destination
Republic of Serbia Things to Do: 147 reviews and 161 photos
Do not know about any bus connections. For trains you either go back to Belgrade - or go to Dobreta Turnu Severin via Derdap Dam. Belgrade option sound easy but not very pleasant: there is only one direct train a day departing 15:55 and arriving 20:57 going via Pancevo-Vrsac-Stamora Moravita. That train is sloooow (and it's the Bucuresti "express"...). While in Belgrade, I did observe the cars of that train. Romanians sent their worst equipment and Serbs don't care less about that train (don't compare it with Beograd-Venice car or Avala train to Vienna, even to Thessaloniki looks much better).
The public transportation between Yugoslavia and Romania never was really good: mid 70-s/80-s nothing was developed because of Ceasuscu and later the Balkan-turmoil did not contribute positively.
The route via Derdap national park on the Serbia side, much closer to Smederevo sounds more interesting but requires several days: many things are worth to see even in Smederevo.
For instance there is a fairy-tale castle called Golubac: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golubac
Youtube (about Smederovo fortress): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6hoEhW6w4
if you really want to go to Romania than go to Dobreta Turnu Severin across the Danube via the Derdap Dam.
What is interesting with Dobreta Turnu Severin: it has much better train transportation to Timisoara than Belgrade (5 trains a day, 3.5 hours) - look up at
The other road crossing to Romania at Bela Crkva won't help you much, the on at Turnu Severin is probably the nicest route.
It's worth to take a look at Romania's railway map to see, why is that:
More Reviews (12)
GyuriFT's Related Pages
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "S R B I J A"
- "Welcome to my world ..."
- "WELCOME TO SERBIA"
- "Republic of Serbia"
- "Visiting medieval monasteries"
- "Budapest->Belgrade->Sofia->Istanbul: the..."
- "Vostani Serbije!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Serbia
- Hotels in Republic of Serbia
- Transportation in Republic of Serbia
- Nightlife in Republic of Serbia
- Restaurants in Republic of Serbia
- Shopping in Republic of Serbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Serbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Serbia
- 65 Reviews
- 326 Photos
- 440 Forum posts
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Republic of Serbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Serbia
- Posted in Travel Trier Forum "Re: From Trier to Amsterdam"
- Commented on one of GyuriFT's Republic of Serbia tips
- Wrote a Review "Reversed" tourist trap: the Belgrade Rlwy Station in Republic of Serbia Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Reversed" tourist trap: the Belgrade Rlwy Station"
- updated a Republic of Serbia Travelogue "Dečani to Đavolja Varoš"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 13 reviews, 88 photos, 8 travelogues
- Hildesheim Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos
- Naumburg Intro, 13 reviews, 56 photos
- Studenica Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Decani Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Novi Sad 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Kastoria Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Kalenic Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Prijepolje Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hungary Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos