"The country of my birth" Russia by GyuriFT
Russia Travel Guide: 15,218 reviews and 40,224 photos
The 2014 VT Euromeet in St. Peterburg was a good opportunity to see the country of my birth. My parents moved to Hungary in 1969 and I did not visit Russia since 1986. Strangely, most people consider me being neither American nor Hungarian... but Russian. Probably because I kept the language or for some other reasons I do not know.
Despite being a train promoter on the VT I decided to visit Russia by car this time, driving through Ukraine and Belarus.
I probably wouldn't do that if not many VT-ers canceling their travel plans due a baseless scare about the "safety" in Russia or due their political beliefs (it is 2014, the year of Crimea becoming part of Russia and Ukrainian crisis).
So there was I... with American passport... In Russia. "I am American" was not written on my forehead (in the fact everyone did address me in Russian everywhere) - but take a look at my car. Unlike me, the car had everything on it's forehead and it's back, included the mandatory "USA" country oval.
If you have an international train ticket, be aware: there are two prices of sleeping accommodation reservation in... more travel advice
Since June 1, 2010 Russians do not need visa to Brazil and Brazilians do not need visa to Russia more travel advice
GyuriFT's Related Pages
Russia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What an interesting country & great architecture !"
- "Once upon a time in Russia..."
- "Russia - my native country"
- "Russia is my second home"
- "Sharrie's Russia Kremlin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Russia
- Hotels in Russia
- Transportation in Russia
- Nightlife in Russia
- Restaurants in Russia
- Shopping in Russia
- Warnings and Dangers in Russia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Russia
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 635 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Russia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 13 reviews, 88 photos, 8 travelogues
- Hildesheim Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos
- Naumburg Intro, 13 reviews, 56 photos
- Studenica Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Decani Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Novi Sad 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Kastoria Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Kalenic Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Prijepolje Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hungary Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos