"I used to live here - will return to live there" Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary by GyuriFT

Hungary Travel Guide: 11,120 reviews and 28,180 photos

Little walk in the evening

I am guilty to make this world-class "kitsch" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch) picture while we were walking July 11, 2006 (and waiting to get to our train departing late evening for Istanbul). It's difficult to resist, even for the "natives". So sorry ....

World-class shopping malls

You will find here everything you need - and more. This shopping mall is within 200 yards from the Nyugati Railway Station.

Excellent public transportation BUT!!!

But make sure, you buy and validate your tickets! The ticket revisors of Budapest are trained to smell blood and they hunt in packs for tourists. This picture was taken July 10, 2006 - and it's a rarity because there was NO revisor in sight: they were behind of us and disapointed that there was no "catch" on tis station. Make sure your tickets are valid and spend your money somewhere else, not in paws of these fine ladies and gentelman.

• Last visit to Hungary: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2006

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2011 at 7:06 AM

So where are your "things to do" tips? :) Nice photo

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Hello, George! Thanks for your interesting and entertaining page! Long live revisors! ><><><

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Nice information of the travels from this city and how to get around.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Your train tips even though some written 2006 still valid.I took the 'Montenegro Special' ticket& travelled to Bar.€66 rtrn for me &€33 for my daughter .€10 for couchette each. Valid for 1 month- Have posted some videos on my Montenegro pages. :)

• picek's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Haha... hegehogs prefer 'meat' (worms&insects&cat food) to apples, those from our garden always finish the food from my cat if she doesn't. I saw them how they ate it.

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Thanks for sharing so much information..will help me a lot ..I have rated all tips and thanks again Denny...

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Do not buy train tickets to/from Hungary overseas !! Glad I took your advice on this!!!

• Mar 27, 2008 at 6:36 AM

very useful transport info!!!

• Jan 22, 2008 at 5:46 AM

When I tried to get explanations I realised that the phone number given on the website is for travel agency. And the mobile number is just for leaving a message. Without any indication that you reached organgeways.com number.

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 11:28 PM

You might think your picture of the Chain Bridge is kitsch but I think it's stunning. Mine can't compare to that one ;) Mind giving me some photography tips? Have a good day :)

GyuriFT Used To Live Here!

GyuriFT

“provodnik i zajac: nu, provodnik... pogodi! ("rabbit" and the conductor)”

Badges & Stats in Hungary

Have you been to Hungary?

Latest Activity in Hungary