"What a stunner!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy by mingul

Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 126 photos

The Jewel

I must admit that I had absolutely no idea about this place. When trying to organise my itinerary through Ukraine some guy on a forum told me that if I am going to Khotyn, I definetely must go to Kam"yanets'-Podil's'kyy. And how happy I was to listen to his advice!

Three in One

Kam"yanets'-Podil's'kyy is a very interesting settlement. I would call it the 3 in 1 city. As you enter from the main road you are definetely in a standard Soviet town. However if you decide to stroll to the old town you will find a little cosy old style city center on top of a rock. From there if you continue upwards, you will get to the bridge that will take you straight to the fortress on the other side of the valley. The views from there are absolutely beautiful.

Tourism

After Lviv which is a town which is boosting with development nowadays, Kam"yanets'-Podil's'kyy is the only part in the Ukraine I have visited where I saw a little concern for tourism. Buildings are getting painted or renovated, there are several street performers once in a while, a lot of salesmen with all kinds of crafts and souvenirs all massed of course in the old city.

There are a lot of nice small restaurants and bars in the city centre as well.

Because of all these Kam"yanets'-Podil's'kyy is trully a place that has found its small location in my heart and in my memory.

• Pros:Suprising, Nice old city, The Fortress, Cheap, Beautiful Landscape
  • Cons:Actually, for what it represents, NONE!!!
  • In a nutshell:The Jewel of Southern Ukraine!
  • Last visit to Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Hope to read and see more soon...especially about the famous FORTRESS...

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Why we ate there. You could have asked for shashlik or gone up the road to the self-serve pizza place ;) As long as you didn't starve! Do you have any more photos?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Gorgeous accomodation tip here. We stayed in this hotel as well and quite liked it.

mingul

“Motto #1: See as much as you can as long as it doesn't become a burnden.”

Badges & Stats in Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy

Have you been to Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy?

Latest Activity in Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy