"Welcome to Lofoten Islands!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lofoten by mingul

Lofoten Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 294 photos

One of the best places I have ever seen

One of the best decisions in my life was to go visit Lofoten Islands. It was a last minute call when we planned our Scandinavian trip and we had several options to do this, but the cheapest and most convenient that I have found was the ferry from Bodø.

It was a 3 hours trip on a beautiful sea of a very dark colour. I was lucky to catch some very good weather as well, being blessed with some wonderful photo oportunities.

The photos from all around the Lofoten islands should be saying much more than I am able to.

Impressive even from far away

This photo was taken from the ferry from Bodø to Moskenes. The islands appear in an impressive manner from far far away.

I want to return here!

As I was leaving the bus passed through absolutely sensational landscapes. I have realised then that I have only seen a small part of Lofoten and that there is much more there that I have seen. Therefore I shall return (as soon as possible I hope)

• Pros:Stunning landscapes, Quietness, Cleanliness
  • Cons:No cons at all
  • In a nutshell:Chilling at the end of the world!
  • Last visit to Lofoten: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2009

• mingul's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Hi. Thanks for your message! I can remember cars on the ferry I took to lofoten. But that was 6 years ago. I envy you for this trip, can't wait to go back there myself! Enjoy!

• Apr 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

hello! I saw that you went to lofoten during september and i'm planning to go this september 2012, do you know if there is a car ferry from Bodo to lofoten?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Ive come visiting to see if you made it to the midnight sun this year!?Yr page here is inspirational - beautiful pics - I took the Hirtigruten in mid winter so all snow and ice but beautiful - but missed the Lofotens!

mingul

“Motto #1: See as much as you can as long as it doesn't become a burnden.”

Badges & Stats in Lofoten

Have you been to Lofoten?

Latest Activity in Lofoten