"Sea city without sea" Denizli Ili by traveloturc
Denizli Ili Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 1,210 photos
Deniz means "Sea" in turkish and Denizli means "the sea place" contarversly there is no sea around Denizli !!!
Situated in the Aegean Region, Denizli is , a tourist attraction city with its numerous beauty and the center of textile industry of Turkiye aswell.
Dating back to the Calcholithic age, this was the site of a settlement of the earliest communities, and changed hands continuously, becoming the center of various civilizations in different time periods.
The ancient city of Laodikeia is here, with its ruins awaiting for the sightseers in addition to Triopolis which was known as the center of bishops, while Christianity spread. Laodikeia was one of the Seven Churches mentioned in the book of Revelations. The city is still the subject of excavations.
Hierapolis is another ancient city, being a historical treasure, while it also offers a real wonder of nature. Named as "Pamukkale" (meaning Cotton Castle in Turkish) this place is astonishingly beautiful, and unique in the world with its white travertine offering marvelous scenery.
The thermal resorts also attract visitors to the provinces with their spring waters of therapeutic effects; Gemezli, Cezmeli, Tekke and Kizildere are the main spa resorts, besides the thermal centers of Pamukkale and Karahayit.
?Rooster", is the symbol of Denizli is a domestic species which is well known all over Turkey According some rumors, Berat roosters were brought to Istanbul during Ottoman Empire from Albania and then brought to Denizli and crossbred with domestic local chicken and thus Denizli Rooster species were originated. Denizli rooster's eyes are black and blackened with kohl. Its legs are dark grey or purple, its comb is in big axe comb, and atrium is red or white spots on red background; general color is black and dirty white together The sound of Denizli roosters are classified according to the tone and clearness.
A good Denizli Rooster must have: alive appearance; long and strong legs and neck; wide and deep chest; sharp and sloped toward head tail.
Denizli is also one of the most important textile centers in Turkiye .The towels and the bathrobes are acceptep as the highest quality in the world and they are very famous.Dont forget to buy some examples for your bathroom and dont tell the prices to the others because its very expensive in the famous luxury shops
- In a nutshell:history,spa,shopping all inclusive
The biggest lake in Denizli is Acigol (Bitter Lake). Only a part of the lake is within the borders of Denizli.... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Denizli Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Denizli Province"
- "Home of Travertine Pools"
- "Denizli, TR ..."
- "Sea city without sea"
- "ALMAN VE TURK LINKS"
- "Pamukkale - Hierapolis"
- "Pamukkale (Hierapolis)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denizli Ili
- Hotels in Denizli Ili
- Transportation in Denizli Ili
- Nightlife in Denizli Ili
- Restaurants in Denizli Ili
- Shopping in Denizli Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Denizli Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denizli Ili
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Denizli Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denizli Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 279 reviews, 573 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues