"Wine barr" Barr by traveloturc
Barr Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 25 photos
Barr is said to have been an old imperial seigniory.
The devil would have destroyed its castle in 1295.
The castle was captured by the " Armagnac " in 1444.
During the religious wars, in 1592 the castle was dismantled and Barr partially burned-out.
In 1678, the troops of Louis XIV totally destroyed the city.
In 1944, Barr suffered from the very violent fightings between the Germans and the American forces.
It looks a little scarcy but never mind they are nice people !!!
The grapes of some finest Alsatian wines Sylvaner and Gewürtraminer are harvested here
- In a nutshell:dont confuse with the other Barr s of the world !!!
Don't forget to take a break for a good coffee or a cup of wine in this lovely cafe with a superb view of the town... more travel advice
The " Folie Marco's ", an ancient hotel with its frontages and roofs, its interior staircase and its pavilions of angle... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Barr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barr on the Wine Route in Alsace"
- "Wine barr"
- "Off the beaten track..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barr
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Barr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barr
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 279 reviews, 573 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues