"One of the most beautiful village of France" Eguisheim by traveloturc
Eguisheim Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 77 photos
Eguisheim has been permanently occupatied since prehistory.
The name of the village " Egenesheim " in 10th century means " Egino's house ", Germanic first name.
The counts of the Nordgau, the most powerful family of Alsace in the 11th and 12th centuries, bore this name from the 11th century and resided at the castles of Haut-Eguisheim , which were built up on a nearby summit dominating the village and the plain.
The pope Léon IX, stemming from this family, was born there.
Thanks to the generosity of the counts of Eguisheim, numerous convents of Alsace had possessions in the village, already considered as its wines.
You can imagine that the streets of Eguisheim are named Rue de Riesling,Rue de Muscat and rue de Pinot Gris ...this is the paradise of wine lovers
- In a nutshell:unbelievably beautiful
restaurant dagsburg is a small local restaurant bar cafe in Eguisheim which serve as a Pizzeria and they make delicious... more travel advice
The village conceals numerous former tithe courtyards : Murbach's abbeys of 1590, Eschau of 1581, Pairis, Unterlinden. more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Eguisheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discover the octagonal Eguisheim."
- "Perfect medieval wine village"
- "One of the most beautiful village of France"
- "Eguisheim --- A typical Alsace Village"
- "Took a look and fell in love"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eguisheim
- Hotels in Eguisheim
- Restaurants in Eguisheim
- Shopping in Eguisheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eguisheim
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Eguisheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eguisheim
Photos in EguisheimSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 271 reviews, 565 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues