"The Door of Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Abidjan by traveloturc
Abidjan Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 263 photos
Abidjan is the biggest city and ex-capital of Côte d'Ivoire.(Ivory Cost) It stands in Ébrié Lagoon on several converging peninsulas and islands, connected by bridges. The population is estimated 4 to 5 million .This the city of contrasts. On one hand its very poor and on the other hand Cocody looks like any other city of Europe.The city grew after the construction of a new docks in the port in 1931 and its designation as the capital of the then French colony in 1933. The completion of the Vridi Canal in 1951 enabled it to become an important sea port. In 1983. I was here before the civil war in 2002 and I think that the port is the “door of africa”.This is a oil producer country and I don’t know the reasons of the unstability ))))
This are some examples about the souvenirs that you can buy.
Ivory cost has very interesting folkloric dances and if you can find any possibility dont miss it .
if you are curious about the weather conditions now:
WEATHER IN THE CITY NOW !!
- Pros:A paradise in africa
- Cons:difficult life
- In a nutshell:The Paris of Africa
I think that it will be better to send you a video about Abidjan instead of writing words which war written many many... more travel advice
Vridi beaches are very near to the city and you can reach there with busses from Plateau or Treichville.Difficult place... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Abidjan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To Abidjan on a cruise in April 2016"
- "Abidjan My memories"
- "The Door of Africa"
- "Paris of West Africa"
- "The heart of the Ivory Coast..cough cough...."
- "evliyasems's new Abidjan Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abidjan
- Hotels in Abidjan
- Transportation in Abidjan
- Nightlife in Abidjan
- Restaurants in Abidjan
- Shopping in Abidjan
- Warnings and Dangers in Abidjan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abidjan
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Abidjan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abidjan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 279 reviews, 575 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues