"The only city in the world build in 2 continents" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul by traveloturc
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,884 reviews and 20,397 photos
On the left of the picture you can see Europe ,Asia is on the right.
I use to travel from Asia to Europe everyday twice .
How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
As you know Istanbul has many names in the history like
Byzantium,Konstantinopolis,Asitane,Islambol etc etc. Asian Istanbul was probably inhabited by people as early as 3000 BC and than the greek Colonist coming from Megara built the city in 667 BC.The city was attack by the Romans and had severe damages in 196 AC ( this is not what they call "occupation")...Constantine the great he refounded the city as new Roma.
The name of the city change to Konstantinopolis.The city becomes the capital of East Rome Empire and it was accepted as a center of Greek orthodox Christianity.But this fact doesnt prevent the city to be captured and sucked by other Christians which represent the 4 th Crusade in 1204 AC ( this is not "occupation" either.) But the Nicean ( iznik ) forces take back the city in 1261 AC.Many years laters Ottoman Turks with the leadership of Sultan Mehmet "the conqueror" take the city in 1453 AC.The Sultan was only 23 years old at that time .(This is what they call "occupation") And Turks are still occupate the city even after 1923 the new founded Republic of Turkiye .
Istanbul after the "occupation" of turks becomes one of the most important cities of the world with his new facade and way of living
please check this video in order to have an idea about istanbul :
A video about Istanbul
weather in Istanbul NOW
- Pros:magical city
- Cons:too much populated
- In a nutshell:nothing is impossible in this city
It will not be wrong to say that Eyüp is the most important and special place among the districts of Istanbul. The... more travel advice
Ortakoy has had an important place in the daily life of the city during both the Byzantine and Ottoman periods. Turks,... more travel advice
- See All WHAT PRO'S TELL US
- See All A song for ISTANBUL
- See All Wine Bar
- See All Galata Bridge
- See All Küçüksu Beach
traveloturc's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 271 Reviews
- 565 Photos
- 294 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Is it safe ?"
- Wrote a Review DISTRICTS OF ISTANBUL-EYUP in Istanbul Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "DISTRICTS OF ISTANBUL-EYUP"
- Commented on one of traveloturc's Istanbul tips
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- Uploaded a Video to Istanbul
Videos in IstanbulSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 271 reviews, 565 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues