"wonders of the southeast" Mardin by traveloturc
Mardin Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 204 photos
The city is located on the top of a mountain looking down to the Mesopotamian plains. The city lived under the rule of the Hurri-Mitani, Hittites, Surs, Babylonians, Persians, Romans, Arabs and the Seljuk Turks. Later in the period of Artuklu Kingdom the city improved The city is known as "Marde" by the Persians, "Mardia" by the Byzantine, "Maridin" by the Arabs and "Merde-Merdo-Merdi" by the Syriac. Ans change to "Mardin" in the period of turks . The city is under the protection of UNESCO.
there is also an old radar device on the top of the mountain
With this device it always remind me the famous movie of spielberg
I think that the right place and mountain was Mardin
This is one of the churches in the area.Its practically operated and its situted 6 km far from the city .I advise you to... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Mardin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "eyrie upon mesopotamian plain and syrian border"
- "Mardin ماردين"
- "wonders of the southeast"
- "A city on the brink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mardin
- Hotels in Mardin
- Transportation in Mardin
- Restaurants in Mardin
- Warnings and Dangers in Mardin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mardin
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Mardin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mardin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 258 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues