"Rize the rain city" Rize by traveloturc
Rize Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 25 photos
This city is famous about his tea ..about the land acquering from the sea ..rainy days ( 1400 mm per year more than 250 rainy days per year)
and famous city with the jokes about the abilities and disabilities of his people ..They are good engineers too because due to the small land they have to fill up the sea in order to get area to live .There are some rumors about this activity they say that if they put a small effort they will succeed to have a border with ukrania ))))
Rize also is known with the production of a very special handmade textile product with the name of Feretiko.Dont miss to buy an example
This city is the center of tea production in Turkey .
Kaçkar mountains (Kaçkar Daðlarý in Turkish) or simply Kaçkar(s) are a mountain range rising above along the Black Sea... more travel advice
in this area the tea is served very strongly and if you are not use to this tea you may have some problems sleeping in... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Rize Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rize, world tea and rain capital"
- "Rize the rain city"
- "WILD NATURE"
- "BLACK SEA"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rize
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Rize?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rize
Photos in RizeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 208 reviews, 408 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 243 reviews, 357 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues