"Windy Caspian city" Top 5 Page for this destination Baku by traveloturc
Baku Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 871 photos
Baku's name is orginated from one of two Persian phrases: Bagh-Kuh ("Mount of God") and Bad Kube ("city of winds").
The history of Baku dates back to 1st millennium BCE, first written reference to Baku dates from 885 CE. Archaeologists have found remains of a settlement dating several centuries before the Common Era.
The city became important after an earthquake destroyed Shemakha and in the 12th century, leading Shirvanshah Ahistan I to made Baku the new capital.In 1501 Shah Ismail laid a siege to Baku.In 1723 Peter the great was on the door.After 1873 the smell of oil attracs many people included Rotschilds and Nobels.Soviets was the big brother of the city because 72 % of oil production in SSSR was from here.In January 1990 many azeris are dead under the palettes of tanks.ưn 1991 the state become independent.
I used to live in this city for a while and my apartment was a very old soviet style building situated in the 28 may street.This is the only photo that I found in the internet about this beautiful street....
We use to listen almost the same music and I like Azeri songs aswell..
I want to share with you one of the most beautiful examples
The name of the song is ayrilik which means "separation"
This is the song : A song from Azerbaijan
- Cons:baku is oil
- In a nutshell:two nations one soul
Baku yacht Club is situated almost in the center of the world and its one of the beautiful buildings of the city .No... more travel advice
In Azerbaijan besides some of the best caviar in the world, you will be able to taste the sturgeon itself (osetr). In... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Baku Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baku ? Capital of the land of fire"
- "Baku is the city of winds"
- "A booming capital"
- "Windy Caspian city"
- "City of my dreams!"
- "COOL CAPITAL - SHAME ABOUT THE VISA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baku
- Hotels in Baku
- Transportation in Baku
- Nightlife in Baku
- Restaurants in Baku
- Shopping in Baku
- Warnings and Dangers in Baku
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baku
- 26 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Baku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baku
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 279 reviews, 573 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues