"starting the wine road" Molsheim by traveloturc
Molsheim Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
In 1308, the emperor and the bishop of Strasbourg swapped Molsheim for Mulhouse. Philippe of Souabe destroyed the city in 12th century.
The city became the headquarters of a Jesuits' school founded in 1580, later raised to the rank of academy (or university) in 1617-1618 by Leopold of Austria.
The Jesuits also built the beautiful church of Saint George's between 1609-1618, marrying the gothic and Renaissance styles.
King Louis XV transferred this university to Strasbourg in 1701.
Molsheim was for 5 centuries an episcopal city.
In this medieval area of Alsace every city has his sign.I like to show you and to share with you the symbol of the city
- In a nutshell:welcome to the wine road
The restaurant metzig is situated in the place de L hotel de ville just in the center of the city. Great Butcheries or... more travel advice
Molsheim is the home of world known Ettore Bugatti's exclusive car factory. you can visit the Musée de la Chartreuse et... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Molsheim Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Molsheim
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Molsheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Molsheim
Photos in MolsheimSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 279 reviews, 573 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues