"The patron of Alsace" Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai by traveloturc
Obernai Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 229 photos
Obernai, formerly called " Ehnheim " grew up around a royal villa, residence as of the 7th century of the dukes of Alsace and in particular of Adalric, father of " Sainte Odile ", who was born there.
Obernai, joined in 1354 the " Decapolis ", held on when attacked by the" Armagnac " in 1444, but was taken at the 17th century by Mansfeld, then by the Swedes of Bernard of Saxony-Weimar.
Attached to France by King Louis XIV within the frame of the treaty of Westphalia, the city kept certain privileges.
The wine business contributed largely to make the wealth of the city.
Saint Odile (or Odilia) (Obernai, Dept. Bas-Rhin, c. 662 A.D. - c. 720 at Mount Ste. Odile) was the daughter of Etichon... more travel advice
Very nice restaurant / hotel for tasting specially La tarte flambee with a bottle of Riesling tarte Flambee more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Obernai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Do not miss Obernai, it is a must see in Alsace!"
- "The patron of Alsace"
- "Obernai is a magic village"
- "Beautiful Town - Easy Day Trip from Strasbourg"
- "Short stop in Obernai"
- "The old architecture"
- "My Obernai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obernai
- Hotels in Obernai
- Transportation in Obernai
- Restaurants in Obernai
- Warnings and Dangers in Obernai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Obernai
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Obernai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obernai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 271 reviews, 565 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues