"A Stop in the Silk Road" Tashkent by traveloturc
Tashkent Travel Guide: 265 reviews and 578 photos
Tashkent means "stone city" and is the capital of Uzbekistan republic.
one of my friend translate tash in the right way :Tashkent derivated from the word SASH meaning "6 GATES of the ANCIENT city" today's capital of Uzbekistan.By the way sash means 6 in farsi ( ıranıan language )
It was situated in the junction of the silk road from China to Europe.
In China sources the city was called Yuni; in the inscription of the year 262 before A.D.
According to persians the city was called Chach ( which means King ) which has the same name in the arabics books .
Mahmud Kashgariy (Mahmud from Kasgar) the name Tashkent was appeared in the Turkish sources of 9-12 centuries.
Uzbek hat has a unique form that you can differenciate from other central asians countries
Chapan is a local folkloric dress used by woman.The good ones are broided in gold .
- In a nutshell:Green city instead of stones
Yimpas is a turkish investment in Tashkent.This is a department store of 5000 square metres anything that you need... more travel advice
Medrese means "religious school".Kukeldash Medrese is one of the few remained monuments of Tashkent. It was built in the... more travel advice
traveloturc's Related Pages
Tashkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tashkent - full of life, color and so much charm"
- "A city rebuilt"
- "Capital of Uzbekistan"
- "A soviet-styled capital hiding some true charm"
- "Old world meets Russia"
- "Random pictures of Tashkent (1)"
- ""Stone Fortress": Uzbekistan's modern capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tashkent
- Hotels in Tashkent
- Transportation in Tashkent
- Nightlife in Tashkent
- Restaurants in Tashkent
- Shopping in Tashkent
- Warnings and Dangers in Tashkent
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tashkent
- 14 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Tashkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tashkent
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 258 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 246 reviews, 361 photos, 12 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 24 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 40 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 21 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Adiyaman Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (111)
Latest Tashkent hotel reviews
- Le Meridien Tashkent Palace
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Orzu Tashkent Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2013
- Dedeman Silk Road Hotel
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- InterContinental Tashkent
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Domina Shodlik Palace
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Markaziy Hotel Tashkent
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Uzbekistan Tashkent
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Elite Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2011