"Going back to my Kerry Roots" Top 5 Page for this destination County Kerry by Ekaterinburg
County Kerry Travel Guide: 995 reviews and 2,338 photos
I was born in Waterville, County Kerry and lived there for the first three years of my life. All my Kerry trips are to the Dingle Peninsula though and I've only been back to Waterville once. My mother was brought up near the village of Cloghane, on the northern coast of the Dingle Peninsula, and until we left school every holiday was spent there, running wild in the mountains, rivers and bogs. This place has shaped a certain part of my psyche and I have a very deep attachment to it.
In this page I want to introduce the townlands of Glen and Mullach, both leading on from Cloghane, deep into the Owenmore Valley and a few peaks over from Mount Brandon. Very few people get to this part of the county and it is completely unchanged since my mother grew up there. I can promise you photos and information on the wildest, most elemental and beautifully unspoilt part of Kerrry. You will find these tips in the Off the Beaten Path section.
Also featured ( in the General Tips section ) is the coastal drive around the Dingle Peninsula. This is my second favourite part of Kerry . Enjoy !
This is a good local restaurant, close to the pier in Dingle. It's a pub as well as a restaurant and it's usually... more travel advice
Arriving in Dingle on the Monday of a Bank Holiday weekend last August, we encountered some unexpected problems. We... more travel advice
Ekaterinburg's Related Pages
County Kerry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the best parts of Ireland's West-coast"
- "Kerry in the Green"
- "County Kerry – more than only Ring of Kerry!"
- "Going back to my Kerry Roots"
- "Dingle Peninsula"
- "Kerry in the rain"
- "County Kerry, The Heart of Ireland!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Kerry
- Hotels in County Kerry
- Transportation in County Kerry
- Nightlife in County Kerry
- Restaurants in County Kerry
- Shopping in County Kerry
- Warnings and Dangers in County Kerry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Kerry
- 18 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to County Kerry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Kerry
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: vikings gone soft?"
- updated a County Kerry Travel Page "Going back to my Kerry Roots"
- Wrote a Review Good, medium priced food in Dingle in County Kerry Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good, medium priced food in Dingle"
- Commented on one of evaanna's County Kerry travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 56 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj Intro, 28 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Trieste Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Estacar de la Duquesa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos